because for this purpose I have been sent"
Very often I feel like a pencil in God's hand. He does the writing; he does the thinking;
he does the movement - I have only to be a pencil and nothing else.
- You are being sent; you have not chosen for yourself where you want to go; and you are sent just as Jesus was sent to us.....
- You are sent to serve and not to be served: Go serve with a humble heart. Never escape the hard work. Be always the first one to do it.
- Go to be a cause of joy to your communities.
- Go with zeal and love for the poor.
- Go in haste, like Our Lady, to serve...
- Share what you have received, with a humble heart.
- Go to the poor with great tenderness. Serve the poor with tender, compassionate love.
- Say yes to peace with your tongue. Close your mouth rather than speaking a word which will hurt anyone.
- Go to give yourselves without any reservation. Give yourselves wholeheartedly, unreservedly.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta (1910 -1997) founded the Missionaries of Charity in the Archdiocese of Calcutta in 1950. She devoted her life to working with the poor and destitute and was an untiring witness to the dignity of ever human person.
A beautiful woman, Helen, read this to our CCW group. Words to live by.