Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Blogging

I'm hoping to be able to carve out a little time for capturing our summer.  I have been away from capturing our lives via blogging and somewhat by photos.  I've missed it and have been trying to find a nitch of time that I can actually do this again. 
Karley finished the school year on the 17th with a good-bye party.  My picture taking has fallen by the wayside but I managed to get a few pictures of her with her teacher and a couple with two of her classmates.  Then Sophie, Karley and I were going to be helpers at Henry's field day where three local schools joined together for a field day.  It ended up being a bust due to rain and not a single picture was taken.  Kids were crying walking back to school all soaked, my child was running off hiding under trees because it was too scary with that many people, I was soaked and cold and eventually sent my girls home with my friend, Sarah, who lives right across the street from the park.  I walked back with the kids, got my car and returned to my friends house for afternoon coffee.  That's always a good thing!

As we were driving home my Mom called to tell me that her brother, Steve was getting ready to leave this world for the next.  All 10 of his siblings and his children were called to come quick, he was losing his battle with blastomycosis.  I believe his age and having acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) from the blastomycosis was too much for his body.  This was my Mom's first sibling (she's one of eleven) to pass away. 
Over the weekend we worked on our inside house projects and went to our neighbor Chad's 40th birthday party.  He's a miracle and we are blessed to be his neighbor.  I'll share how he blesses us another time.
Monday Henry had his Cub Scouts Blue & Gold dinner.  We had a nice dinner and were able to visit with another family from our school and church.  It was a late night for the kids and I was thankful that Karley was finished with school. 
Tuesday I was blessed enough to have my friend Sarah pick the girls up after lunch, take them home with her, pick Henry up from school and then take all three of my kids to dance for Karley.  She took them home with her afterwards and waited for Adam to pick them up, all so I could drive three and a half hours north for my Uncle Steve's wake. 
After the wake we went to my Uncle Ken's for a little food and fellowship.  It was nice to see Aunts,  Uncles and cousins I haven't seen in a awhile.  Wednesday was the funeral.  I think there was a deeper sadness for and maybe for others, this was the first of my Mom's siblings to pass away.  I think it was pretty incredible to have eleven kids from one family to live this long.  It seems that when I hear about a large family like theirs I hear that somebody passed away from some type of tragic accident but to they are all living to an older age.  My Uncle was 61 going to turn 62 in July.  He was the sibling just older than my Mom my guess is this would be really hard for her.  He will be deeply missed by his three children and his six grandchildren, one who was just days old when he passed away.  Rest in peace dear Uncle Steve.

I was glad to get home to Adam and the kids.  Especially Adam.  It was nine years ago on the 22nd that we first met and eight years ago that we got engaged.  May 22 is special for us.  It's also the feast day for my (or our) patron saint, St Rita.  There's another story there!
Thursday was Karley's Teddy Bear Band picnic day followed by Henry's picnic day.  We went from one event to the next all on an unusual cold day.  We've been having a lot of them.  (Truth be told, I even had the heat on today.)  They kids had a great time at both events.  Karley was surprisingly reluctant to get up and dance with the Teddy Bear Band but Sophie wasn't going to let that stop her. 



Thursday night we had Kindergarten Mass and Graduation.  That deserves it's own post, coming soon! 

It's good to be back! 

God Bless!

(I feel like I'm very out of practice with this & the photos!)


  1. Wow, what a beautiful testimony to a big family. All 10 of his siblings were with him when he passed away? Amazing!

    1. Hi Colleen! All but one made it back home for the funeral. And most of them made it to the hospital before he passed. That was confusing.

      It has been a beautiful testament to big families. I am amazed.

  2. Hey friend! I was just thinking of you this morning..good to see you blogging.

    1. I've been thinking of you and your littles! It's great to blog but it does take time....ack!

  3. It's so nice to see you blogging again! I enjoyed catching up. :-)

    1. Thanks Bobbi! It's fun and after the recent events I've been thinking of how much I don't capture when I'm not blogging & taking pictures!

      Thanks for coming by! <3


Thanks for making my day!